Tax forms, AARP assistance available at Volusia County libraries
DELAND -- The Volusia County Public Library system is teaming with AARP to offer free tax assistance to county residents.
Basic federal income-tax forms are available at most Volusia County public libraries. If the library doesn’t have the form you need, a librarian can help you find it on the Internet.
AARP volunteers will offer free one-on-one counseling to help individuals prepare basic tax forms, including the 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and other standard forms. Assistance is available for people of all ages with low and middle incomes.
Assistance will be offered at these libraries until April 15:
* Port Orange Regional Library, 1005 City Center Circle: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. every Friday and Saturday except March 26 and 27 and April 2, 9 and 10.
* Volusia County Library Center at City Island, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturdays, March 6 and April 3.
* Ormond Beach Regional Library, 20 S. Beach St.: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays.
* New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway: Walk-in assistance is available from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays except March 12 and April 2. Assistance is by appointment only from 1 - 3 p.m. Fridays; appointments must be made in person during
* DeBary Area Public Library, 200 N. Charles R. Beall Blvd.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
* Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
Appointments are required only at the New Smyrna Beach library.
For information about other tax-assistance locations, visit AARP’s web site at https://locator.aarp.org/vmis/sites/tax_aide_locator.jsp.
About the Blogger
Henry Frederick is publisher of Headline Surfer®, the award-winning 24/7 internet newspaper serving the Daytona Beach-Orlando metro area via HeadlineSurfer.com, launched April 7, 2008, as Florida's first around-the-clock online newspaper. Frederick is among the Sunshine State's most experienced reporters with scores of regional, state & national journalism-industry awards for nearly 100 breaking news & investigative reporting stories in Florida, New York, Massachusetts & Connecticut. The first of Frederick's three books, "Creepy Ass Cracker" (842 pages, Xlibris), hits bookstores in October 2015. The second book, "Wrestling ReWind is scheduled for publication in December 2015. The third book, "The Day NASCAR Died: 15th Anniversary of Dale Earnhardt's death in the Daytona 500," is planned for publication in February 2016.
View his blog archives here