Tax forms, AARP assistance available at Volusia County libraries
DELAND -- The Volusia County Public Library system is teaming with AARP to offer free tax assistance to county residents.
Basic federal income-tax forms are available at most Volusia County public libraries. If the library doesn’t have the form you need, a librarian can help you find it on the Internet.
AARP volunteers will offer free one-on-one counseling to help individuals prepare basic tax forms, including the 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and other standard forms. Assistance is available for people of all ages with low and middle incomes.
Assistance will be offered at these libraries until April 15:
* Port Orange Regional Library, 1005 City Center Circle: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. every Friday and Saturday except March 26 and 27 and April 2, 9 and 10.
* Volusia County Library Center at City Island, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturdays, March 6 and April 3.
* Ormond Beach Regional Library, 20 S. Beach St.: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays.
* New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway: Walk-in assistance is available from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays except March 12 and April 2. Assistance is by appointment only from 1 - 3 p.m. Fridays; appointments must be made in person during
* DeBary Area Public Library, 200 N. Charles R. Beall Blvd.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
* Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
Appointments are required only at the New Smyrna Beach library.
For information about other tax-assistance locations, visit AARP’s web site at https://locator.aarp.org/vmis/sites/tax_aide_locator.jsp.
About the Blogger
Henry Frederick is publisher of Headline Surfer®, the award-winning 24/7 internet newspaper serving the Daytona Beach-New Smyrna Beach / Sanford-Orlando metropolitan region via HeadlineSurfer.com. Florida's first around-the-clock newspaper was launched April 7, 2008, in New Smyrna Beach, initially as NSBNews.net and VolusiaNews.net. Headline Surfer is a registered trademark of NSB News LLC. Headline Surfer® Publisher Henry Frederick, is recognized as one of Florida's top award-winning cops & courts reporters, who has received more awards for such coverage than any other reporter working in Central Florida. He's the top journalist in the Florida Press Club two years running with seven journalism awards for 15 breaking news and investigative stories, three blogs and top internet site. He's the only reporter to win awards for coverage of the Trayvon Martin slaying as well as the subsequent George Zimmerman murder trial acquittal in Sanford. He's also won state, regional and national journalism awards for his coverage of cops and courts fear 8 1/2 years at the Daytona Beach News-Journal, where he witnessed and reported on the execution of serial killer Aileen Wuornos and covered the civil trial brought by NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt's widow to keep his autopsy files sealed. Before that before he covered cops & courts for Gannett Suburban Newspapers / The Journal News in Westchester and Rockland counties in New York, where he won a highly-coveted Associated Press Award for breaking news. Before launching the 24/7 internet newspaper in 2008, he was an award-winning city editor for the Taunton Daily Gazette, in his native Massachusetts for two years, winning a national investigative award on municipal corruption. The first of Frederick's three books, for which he has secured publishing rights, is called "Creepy Ass Cracker" (840 pages, Xlibris), which will hit bookstores in September. His second book, "Wrestling ReWind," is expected to be published in January 2015. The third book is not yet titled.
View his blog archives here