Tax forms, AARP assistance available at Volusia County libraries
DELAND -- The Volusia County Public Library system is teaming with AARP to offer free tax assistance to county residents.
Basic federal income-tax forms are available at most Volusia County public libraries. If the library doesn’t have the form you need, a librarian can help you find it on the Internet.
AARP volunteers will offer free one-on-one counseling to help individuals prepare basic tax forms, including the 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and other standard forms. Assistance is available for people of all ages with low and middle incomes.
Assistance will be offered at these libraries until April 15:
* Port Orange Regional Library, 1005 City Center Circle: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. every Friday and Saturday except March 26 and 27 and April 2, 9 and 10.
* Volusia County Library Center at City Island, 105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays; and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturdays, March 6 and April 3.
* Ormond Beach Regional Library, 20 S. Beach St.: 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays.
* New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway: Walk-in assistance is available from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays except March 12 and April 2. Assistance is by appointment only from 1 - 3 p.m. Fridays; appointments must be made in person during
* DeBary Area Public Library, 200 N. Charles R. Beall Blvd.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays.
* Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
Appointments are required only at the New Smyrna Beach library.
For information about other tax-assistance locations, visit AARP’s web site at https://locator.aarp.org/vmis/sites/tax_aide_locator.jsp.
About the Blogger
Henry Frederick is publisher of Headline Surfer, the award-winning 24/7 internet newspaper in Lake Mary serving Central Florida via HeadlineSurfer.com. Florida's first around-the-clock newspaper was launched April 7, 2008, in New Smyrna Beach, initially as NSBNews.net and VolusiaNews.net. Headline Surfer is a registered trademark of NSB News LLC. Frederick was the top winner in the 2012 Florida Press Club contest: 1st place for Blog Writing & 3rd place each for General News Writing, Public Safety Reporting & Best Online Presence (with social media). He's received 18 major journalism awards as a breaking news, investigative reporter & city editor for daily newspapers in Florida, Massachusetts, New York & Connecticut since the mid-1980s.
View his blog archives here